Current Job Openings
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Veterinary Assistant duties include:
- Feeding and caring for animals
- Assisting Veterinarians during examinations
- Performing administrative duties
Veterinary Assistant skills
Do you love animals? Then you’re halfway there. You also need the ability to care for them properly – that’s one of the most important Vet Assistant job requirements. This includes knowledge of routine tasks, like feeding or bathing animals, but also readiness to care for injured or scared animals that might occasionally lash out.
If you’re also organized, quick on your feet and have the stomach to help with medical operations and euthanasia, we’d like to meet you.
- Sterilize equipment and clean examination tables and rooms
- Restrain animals during examinations or vaccinations
- Soothe upset or frightened animals
- Administer medication prescribed by Veterinarians (e.g. by mixing it with food)
- Observe animal behavior or health condition and report to the Vet
- Help in cases of emergencies
- Handle administrative duties such as scheduling appointments or calling patients in the examination room by priority
- Keep accurate records and logs
- Reassure clients that their pets are being cared for and explain issues (e.g. lack of appointments, insurance matters)
- Advise pet owners on nutrition and healthcare
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Veterinary Assistant or similar position working with animals
- Experience in an administrative role is a plus
- Current or former pet ownership is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient and caring personality
- Ability to follow instructions properly
- Comfortable being around animals (cats, dogs, birds, reptiles etc.)
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (e.g. lift up to 40 lbs)
- Availability to occasionally work in emergencies
- High school diploma; a certificate from a Veterinary Assistant program is a plus
We also offer our clients a wide array of diagnostic tools such as digital and dental radiology, in-house assays, thermal imaging, ultrasound, and all other Zoetis diagnostics.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Veterinary technician experience: 1 year (Required)
- Veterinary assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Animal care: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Oklahoma City Hospital?
At Putnam North Animal Hospital, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping animals healthy.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Putnam North Animal Hospital, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves animals and values the contributions from every individual on the team.